Currently on view:
Online Filmmaking Competition + Screening Premiere
Filmmaker Launch: Thursday, December 3 at 7pm (online)
Screening: Saturday, December 19 (thru Dec 26)
Screening & ticket information coming soon!
What would Love Actually sound like with a Conch accent? What if It’s a Wonderful Life’s George Bailey grew up in Key West instead of Bedford Falls? Participants have one long weekend to reimagine their favorite Christmas movies with a Key West twist. The challenge is open to filmmakers of all levels—even first timers. All entries are eligible for random door prizes, and People’s Choice awards will be given in two categories: short film and mini challenge.
Here’s how it works:
1) Get your friends together. Filmmaking works best as a team sport! Pick a Leader.
2) Pick a category: short film (max 7 minutes), or mini challenge (max 60 seconds)
3) Pick a holiday film to riff on. Note: for short film entries, each holiday film may only be used once, so have a backup – or two – in mind!
4) Team Leaders: Pre-register your team here.
Then mark your calendar for the online Filmmaker Launch: Thu Dec 3, 7pm.
To keep everyone honest, you’ll be given a prop, and/or line of dialog that must be used in your film.
5) Write! Film! Edit! Upload! Get it all done by midnight on Monday, December 7th.
P.S. Want to join in as an actor, etc., but don’t have a team? Email email@example.com and we’ll try to find a match for you.
Filmmaker Launch: Thu Dec 3, 7pm
Register now here to receive a link to the Zoom meeting. You will receive the link at the email address provided 1 day before the event. Participants will be part of a live call to share their holiday film choice, divide into categories, hear the required prop and/or line of dialog and kick off the filmmaking process!
Submission Deadline: Mon Dec 7
Online Screening: Sat Dec 19
The screening premiere will also be available to stream at your convenience through Dec 26.
The Studios of Key West
533 Eaton Street
Key West, FL 33040