Currently on view:
$80, $65 mbrs. (discounted price will display for members upon login)
Limit 8 students.
Ever wanted to walk around your favorite city, or neighborhood and quickly draw and/or paint the scene in front of you in about an hour? In this class, Mike Rooney will show you how to take a pen, a piece of paper, and a palm sized watercolor set and do just that.
sponsored by Hot Tin Roof
Mike Rooney is recognized as one of the East Coast’s top plein air painters and instructors, and he has traveled from Maine to the Florida Keys, Italy, Cuba and Puerto Rico teaching at major art centers, judging art shows, and painting. He has been on the cover of the Art Issue of Cape Cod Magazine and is collected both privately and by corporations such as Royal Canadian Bank. He also makes teaching videos for Jerry’s Artarama, a nationwide art supply store
Supply List (feel free to use watercolor, or just sketch with pen and paper)
1. Pad of 140 lb. watercolor paper (min. size 5.5″x 8″, max. 9″x 12″). Multimedia paper will work too, but it buckles if too much water is put on the paper.
2. Travel size watercolor set.
3. Water brush pen. Eliminates having to dip a brush constantly in water.
4. Mechanical pencil and eraser.
5. Black Sakura Micron Liner– assorted sizes like 01, 03, 05 . I use Staedtlers too. Just make sure whatever you get is WATERPROOF! I’ve even used ballpoint pens and a few times, a Sharpie Fineliner. Note: Sharpie Fineliners will fade over time (but it would be ok for student assignments)